Red Dragon by Thomas Harris - Lettered Edition
Payment Plan Option: Four payments of $675*
Publication: Fall 2020
Limit 1 Copy Per Household
Hailed by critics as “gruesome, graphic, and all too realistic,” Red Dragon by Thomas Harris was first published in 1981 and marked a turning point in the way crime novels were written.
The first novel in Harris’s widely acclaimed Hannibal series, Red Dragon added a sense of realism to the crime novel while injecting it with a heavy dose of horror. Harris took criminology classes to prepare for the novel, while working closely with FBI Behavioral Science agents. His extensive research was poured into creating one of the most iconic villains in history: Hannibal Lecter.
In Red Dragon, former FBI profiler Will Graham comes out of retirement to apprehend a serial killer known as “The Tooth Fairy,” but to do so he must enlist the help of Lecter, a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer with whom he has a dark past.
Harris writes his villains with a profound complexity. This, combined with his attention to the detail of FBI and police operations, added harrowing realism to his novel, and to the genre itself. The success of Red Dragon would lead to two sequels and a prequel in the Hannibal series. The book has been adapted into two feature films; Manhunter in 1986 and Red Dragon in 2002. This is the first signed limited edition of the novel.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Limited to 26 copies.
- Bound in embossed hornback ruby hide.
- Eight full color illustrations by Jason Mowry.
- Signed by Thomas Harris and Jason Mowry.
- Bonus artwork reproductions of William Blake’s The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed With The Sun and the 14th Century diagram, Wound Man.
- Hand marbled endsheets.
- Printed two color throughout on Strathmore Pastelle paper.
- Housed in a clamshell enclosure covered in Japanese cloth with a laser-cut acrylic clasp, and a foil-stamped spine label.
- Premiums with all pre-orders include print and bookmarks.
PLEASE NOTE: Lettered editions are shipped with signature required.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2020 by Jason Mowry
William Blake (British, 1757-1827). The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed with the Sun (Rev. 12: 1-4), ca. 1803-1805. Black ink and watercolor over traces of graphite and incised lines on wove paper. Brooklyn Museum, Gift of William Augustus White, 15.368.
* 5% processing fee applies on installment plans.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.