Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy - Numbered Edition
Payment Plan Option: Four payments of $243.75*
Publication: Fall 2021
LIMIT 1 COPY PER PERSON/HOUSEHOLD.
Refer to our Order Limits policy.
Often referred to as “the Great American Novel,” Blood Meridian or The Evening Redness in the West is Cormac McCarthy’s magnum opus. An epic novel of the violence and depravity that attended America’s westward expansion, Blood Meridian brilliantly subverts the conventions of the Western novel and the mythology of the wild west.
Based on historical events that took place on the Texas-Mexico border in the 1850s, the novel traces the fortunes of the Kid, a fourteen-year-old boy from Tennessee, as he stumbles into the nightmarish world of the Glanton gang, a murderous cadre on a mission to massacre Indians and sell their scalps in a thriving market.
First published in 1985, American literary critic Harold Bloom praised Blood Meridian as “one of the 20th century’s finest novels,” while Aleksandar Hemon called it “possibly the greatest American novel of the past 25 years.” Time magazine included Blood Meridian in its “100 Best English-language Novels from 1923 to 2005.”
The fine press limited edition of Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy is presented in two states: Lettered and Numbered editions.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 468 Pages.
- Limited to 350 copies.
- Unique handmade binding.
- Butterfly sewing laced into leather covered boards.
- New exclusive introduction by Bret Easton Ellis.
- Six watercolor paintings by Rob Wood.
- Signed by Bret Easton Ellis and Rob Wood.
- Printed letterpress on Mohawk Superfine.
- Endsheets are Hahnemühle Bugra with a Tyvek hinge for reinforcement.
- Housed in a cigar-style box covered in Italian cloth.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by Rob Wood.
* 5% non-refundable processing fee applies on installment plans.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.