Blackwater by Michael McDowell - Artist Edition
IN STOCK - SHIPS IMMEDIATELY
Originally published as a series of six volumes, Michael McDowell’s Blackwater is a Southern Gothic saga of suspense, mystery and terror.
When the gracious and beautiful Elinor Dammert arrives in Perdido, Alabama on Easter Sunday in 1919, she is a stranger in the small town, desperate to fit in. She sets her sights on marrying Oscar Caskey, the eldest son of Perdido’s first family; but beneath Elinor’s charm and beauty lies a shocking secret—and beneath the waters of the Perdido River, Elinor’s true form will soon be discovered, changing the Caskey family and the town of Perdido forever.
Upon its publication in 1983, the atmospheric and character-driven family drama of Blackwater not only defied the horror genre, but elevated it. Michael McDowell was proclaimed “the finest writer of paperback originals in America” by Stephen King, and “one of the best writers of horror in this country” by Peter Straub.
Now collected as a single volume novel, Blackwater continues to be discovered and praised by new generations. One recent reviewer wrote, “Operatic, epic, and scary… Blackwater is a Southern Gothic to drown all other Southern Gothics in a muddy river. Sink into this one. You won’t regret it.”
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 888 Pages.
- Limited to 1000 copies.
- Full cloth, smyth-sewn binding.
- Two-hits foil stamping.
- New exclusive afterword by John Langan.
- Six full-color illustrations by Marcela Bolívar.
- Dust jacket featuring artwork by Marcela Bolívar (the only edition featuring the dust jacket).
- Newly illustrated map of Perdido and Blackwater family tree by Maxime Plasse.
- Signed by Marcela Bolívar and Maxime Plasse.
- Reproductions of the original paperback covers.
- Housed in a high gloss, embossed slipcase resembling reptilian skin.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by Marcela Bolívar.
The quality of this artist edition of Blackwater is outstanding. Typography, binding, case, artwork - all are magnificent. I am very much looking forward to revisiting McDowell’s work.
The art by Marcela Bolívar is possibly the best of the best in my opinion.
It looks as good without the dust jacket.
Buy it NOW!!!
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.