Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl - Numbered Edition
One of the most beloved children’s stories of the 20th century, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl is a masterpiece of pure imagination.
Willy Wonka’s famous chocolate factory is opening at last! But only five lucky children will be allowed inside. And the winners are: Augustus Gloop, an enormously fat boy whose hobby is eating; Veruca Salt, a spoiled-rotten brat whose parents are wrapped around her little finger; Violet Beauregarde, a dim-witted gum-chewer with the fastest jaws around; Mike Teavee, a toy pistol-toting gangster-in-training who is obsessed with television; and Charlie Bucket, our hero, a boy who is honest and kind, brave and true, and good and ready for the wildest time of his life!
First published in 1964, the dark humor and cheerful gruesomeness of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory immediately endeared the book to children, making it an instant bestseller. Rarely has a tale of morality ever been more deliciously entertaining to read, as Roald Dahl’s story warns children and adults alike of the dangers of bad parenting, spoiling children, and self-indulgence.
Dahl drew inspiration for the story from his own childhood. In the 1920s, chocolate makers in England would frequently send samples to school children in exchange for their opinions on new products. Two of the largest competing chocolate companies, Cadbury and Rowntree, would send spies posing as employees to discover the other’s trade secrets. As a result, the companies became highly protective of their chocolate making process. It was a combination of this secrecy and the elaborate, often gigantic, machines in the factory that inspired the author to write his story.
Roald Dahl’s classic tale has been adapted into two major motion pictures, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971) and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005). In 1971, Dahl wrote a sequel, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, published in 1972.
- Oversized 7” x 10” trim size.
- 220 Pages.
- Limited to 350 copies.
- Handmade full leather Bradel binding.
- Gold leather adorning the spine.
- Brown leather boards with debossed front cover.
- Full color throughout with over 50 color illustrations by Quentin Blake.
- 72 additional illustrations from the artists who have illustrated Charlie and the Chocolate Factory through the years: Joseph Schindelman, Faith Jaques, Michael Foreman and Quentin Blake.
- Over 60 pages of bonus content including deleted chapters, an alternate ending, manuscript pages and handwritten notes from early drafts.
- 1986 reply letter from Roald Dahl to Paul Suntup.
- New exclusive introduction by Donald Sturrock, author of the critically acclaimed biography of Roald Dahl.
- Note by publisher Paul Suntup.
- Signed by Donald Sturrock and Paul Suntup.
- Printed letterpress on Mohawk Via with a spot color throughout. The color illustrations are printed offset.
- Housed in a gate fold clamshell enclosure covered in Japanese cloth with a leather spine label.
- Premiums with all pre-orders include a 6” x 9” print, a 2” x 8” bookmark and printed envelope.
GOLDEN TICKET CONTEST
Over $25,000 in prizes including a Roman Numeral Edition!
Distributed randomly in all editions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are 25 Golden Tickets! Each ticket features a unique number from 1 to 25, and depending on which numbered ticket you have, you will win one of the following prizes:
|1||Roman Numeral edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||$14,500|
|2||Lettered edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||$5,500|
|3-5||Numbered edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||$2,850|
|6-10||Artist edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory||$925|
|11||$1000 Suntup Editions Gift Card||$1,000|
|12-15||$200 Suntup Editions Gift Card||$800|
|16-20||$100 Suntup Editions Gift Card||$500|
|21-25||$50 Suntup Editions Gift Card||$250|
Click here for complete contest rules.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Illustrations © 1998 by Quentin Blake.
* 5% non-refundable processing fee applies on installment plans.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - numbered
Wow! beautifully and superbly crafted!
This is what Suntup does when they go all in on a book. Everything about this edition is amazing. Words and photos won't convey the exquisite experience of holding this book. So I guess my review is done.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is exquisite! On par with a lettered edition. By far the most uniquely beautiful numbered I own to date!
The most expensive book I've ever bought and truly the most beautiful! I've been singing , Pure Imagination to my grandson since the day he was born. This book, one day, is going to be his future, our bond. Thank you Paul. Now .....my granddaughter!!!
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.