Horns by Joe Hill - Lettered Edition
Horns by Joe Hill - Lettered Edition
This is the first North American signed limited edition of Horns, and is presented in three states: an Artist Gift edition, a Numbered edition and a Lettered edition. All three measure 6” x 9” and feature twelve full-color illustrations by Magdalena Kaczan. The Numbered and Lettered editions are signed by Joe Hill and Magdalena Kaczan, and all editions include a new introduction by Joe Hill. This edition is printed letterpress.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Limited to 26 copies for sale, lettered A-Z in Morse code.
- Handbound quarter leather binding with boards covered in crushed silk.
- 14-karat gold cross inset into the cover and the chain of the cross is foil-stamped in gold.
- Three custom pitchfork-shaped raised bands across the leather spine.
- Gilded page edges.
- Twelve full-color illustrations by Magdalena Kaczan.
- New introduction by Joe Hill written exclusively for this edition.
- Signed by Joe Hill and Magdalena Kaczan.
- Printed letterpress on Rives cotton paper.
- Handmade black exotic marbled endpapers from India with metallic gold and silver on a base of 100% cotton rag.
- Housed in a handmade rough-sawn pine box with a black velvet-lined bookbed, and designed to resemble the underside of a treehouse with a trapdoor opening.
THE MORSE CODE BOOKLET
Included with the Lettered edition of Horns is a 12 page hand-stitched booklet featuring Merrin's letter to Ig, presented in Morse code. The front cover is hand-lettered and printed letterpress on Hahnemühle Bugra paper with French flaps.
THE HORNS PROMO KIT
Included withorder of the Lettered edition is this limited promotional artwork kit, showcasing some of the gorgeous illustrations from Magdalena Kaczan. Included is a full-color 6" x 9" print, a 4" x 6" postcard and a deluxe, oversized UV coated 2.5" x 8.5" bookmark, all packed inside a gold metallic printed envelope.
THE HORNS ARC POSTCARD CONTEST
Who can remember sending postcards in the mail, before the days of the internet? Ah, the good old days. We are giving away a Horns Advance Review Copy to three randomly selected orders for any of the editions.
To enter, send us a postcard! Write your name and address on the card, include your order #, and drop it in the mail. Get creative, and send us a postcard from your hometown, or grab a cool vintage one off eBay. Entries must be postmarked no later than December 15th, 2018 and should be mailed to: Suntup Editions, 6789 Quail Hill Parkway #521, Irvine, CA 92603, USA. One entry per order number.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2018 by Magdalena Kaczan.
* 5% Processing fee applies
Just another way to spell Suntup!!
I have an enormous book collection consisting of over 10,000 volumes, including just about every limited and lettered edition of King, Hill, McCammon, Simmons, Barker, Koontz, Wilson, Ketchum, and many others...and I would never say this lightly: Suntup’s Horns is absolutely the most gorgeous lettered edition I have ever seen. He continues to surpass himself in quality, production value, aesthetics, and sheer jaw-dropping loveliness with each release, and I cannot imagine how he’ll top Horns. It is one of the cornerstones of my collection and no doubt will remain so. Photographs of the book do not do it justice; this edition needs to be handled in person to be appropriately appreciated. An absolute masterpiece!!
No question, this is one of the finest lettered editions ever produced. Incredible work!
The author ad the tale do not need review. Both are beloved as they should be. As for the Lettered (and numbered) editions, best way I can say it - they deserve a display pedestal in a museum more than the simple shelf they will need to accept in my home. Every time a box arrives from Paul, its a celebration. Bravo, Suntup Editions! And thank you.
I cannot tell you enough how amazing the books. Presentation, packing, payment plans, and company that Suntup is. Every book I get blows me away time and time again. I used to only collect Stephen King but now I can add Suntup to those shelves.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.