Replay by Ken Grimwood - Artist Edition
PUBLICATION: Winter 2021
Order limits are applied at checkout.
When 43-year-old radio journalist Jeff Winston dies and wakes up in his 18-year-old body in 1963, he is given a great gift: The ability to relive his life with all his memories of the previous 25 years intact. Now, he can make different decisions. But when Jeff reaches the end of his life, the replay happens again. And again. Jeff’s knowledge soon becomes as much of a curse as it is a blessing. As he plays out his life differently each cycle, he comes to discover that time is, in fact, shorter than he thinks—and that he is not alone.
One of the most elegant and gripping time travel stories ever written, Replay holds a mirror up to its reader, asking them to examine and re-examine their own existence. With each incarnation that Jeff lives through, we come to understand how short life truly is, and that to live each day to the fullest we cannot look backward, but must move forward.
First published in 1986, seven years before the release of the film Groundhog Day, Ken Grimwood’s novel was a precursor to countless “time loop” stories that would follow.
In 1988, Replay won The World Fantasy Award for Best Novel.
ARTIST GIFT EDITION
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 374 Pages.
- Limited to 1000 copies.
- Full cloth, smyth-sewn binding.
- Two-hits foil stamping.
- New exclusive afterword by Tim Powers.
- Eight full color illustrations by Alessandro Sicioldr Bianchi.
- Illustrations printed on translucent paper.
- Dust jacket with stunning wrap-around artwork by Alessandro Sicioldr Bianchi (the only edition featuring the dust jacket).
- Signed by Alessandro Sicioldr Bianchi.
- Housed in an embossed paper covered slipcase with acrylic coating.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by Alessandro Sicioldr Bianchi.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.