Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally - Lettered Edition
Payment Plan Option: Financing with Affirm up to 36 months. Select Affirm at checkout (USA Only). International customers, and for customers within the USA for this title, we offer 4 interest free payments with Partial.ly.
Estimated Publication: Spring 2023
Limit 1 Copy Per Household.
Refer to our Order Limits policy.
An extraordinary novel, Schindler’s Ark is a work of historical fiction based on the true story of German industrialist and war profiteer, Oskar Schindler, who risked his life and fortune to rescue over a thousand Jews from the horrors of the extermination camps. Working from the actual testimonies of those who Schindler saved from the gas chambers, Thomas Keneally artfully depicts the courage and shrewdness of an unlikely savior, a man who is a flawed mixture of hedonism and decency and who, in the presence of unutterable evil, transcends the limits of his own humanity.
Keneally’s masterpiece was first published in the United Kingdom on October 18, 1982 as Schindler’s Ark. The title was changed to Schindler’s List upon publication in the United States. To commemorate the 40th anniversary of this milestone in Holocaust literature, Suntup Editions is pleased to announce the forthcoming publication of a signed limited edition of this novel under its original title, Schindler’s Ark, featuring a new exclusive introduction by the author and illustrations by award-winning artist Jeffrey Alan Love.
Also included in the edition is a transcript of an impassioned speech Oskar Schindler gave to Jewish factory workers upon proclamation of Germany’s surrender on May 8, 1945, a letter written by the Jewish factory workers in 1945 attesting to Schindler’s role in saving Jewish lives, and scans of Schindler’s original list containing the names and birth dates of those who he saved. These historically significant documents are referenced in the novel, but here for the first time in any edition of Schindler’s Ark, appear in full.
Schindler’s Ark was awarded the Booker Prize in 1982. The novel was also awarded the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Fiction in 1983. In 1993, it was adapted into a film directed by Steven Spielberg, which won seven Academy Awards including Best Picture, and is #8 on American Film Institute’s Top 100 Films of All Time. The film was designated as “culturally, historically or aesthetically significant” by the Library of Congress in 2004 and selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry.
YAD VASHEM DONATION A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this edition will be donated to Yad Vashem. Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center, is the ultimate source for Holocaust education, documentation and research. From the Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, Yad Vashem’s integrated approach incorporates meaningful educational initiatives, groundbreaking research and inspirational exhibits.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 512 Pages.
- Limited to 26 copies.
- Signed by Thomas Keneally and Jeffrey Alan Love.
- Quarter Japanese cloth binding with hand marbled paper over the boards.
- Spine and cover labels printed letterpress on Hahnemühle Bugra.
- Two-color printed title page.
- Over 25 pages of historically significant documents, including scans of Schindler’s original list.
- New exclusive introduction by Thomas Keneally.
- Seven illustrations by Jeffrey Alan Love.
- Endsheets are hand marbled.
- Printed letterpress on Somerset Book mouldmade paper by Bradley Hutchinson on a Heidelberg Cylinder.
- Housed in a clamshell enclosure covered in Japanese cloth lined with flocked velour.
- Included with every copy of the Lettered edition is a limited edition broadside printed by Sandy Tilcock on handmade paper by noted paper maker Izhar Neumann in Yanuh-Jat, Israel.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Illustrations © 2021 by Jeffrey Alan Love.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.