The Dark Half U.K. 1st Edition - Fine Art Print - Paul Bryn Davies
THE COVERS COLLECTION - THE DARK HALF (U.K. COVER)
We are pleased to present the third of seven stunning covers by British artist Paul Bryn Davies. Our first two releases were IT and Misery, and now we are delighted to offer the art that appeared on the 1st U.K. hardcover edition of The Dark Half.
Stephen King wrote several books under the pseudonym Richard Bachman in the 1970s and 1980s. When it was revealed that King and Bachman were one and the same, he wrote The Dark Half, a novel about an author with a sinister parasitic twin, in part as a response to the outing. Hailed as "wondrously frightening" (Publisher's Weekly) upon its release in October 1989, The Dark Half became a #1 bestseller. Unlike the 1st U.S. edition which featured a photograph on its cover, Constant Readers in the U.K. were treated to Paul Bryn Davies fantastic artwork depicting the mock gravestone of Thad Beaumont's nom de plume, George Stark. Now his art can be enjoyed for the first time without cover text as a beautiful giclée print.
All prints are hand-signed by Davies, who has also created one of the best remarques in the series. Usually, remarques are reserved only for the first 20 large print subscribers, but Davies decided to also remarque the first 20 small prints.
Please note: If you are a small print subscriber and your number is between 1 and 20, you will automatically receive a remarqued print. There will be a slight upcharge of $20, and you can opt-out of the upgrade via email.
- Museum Quality Giclée prints.
- Signed and authorized by the original cover artist.
- Limited to only 50 copies of each size worldwide, plus 3 Artist Proofs and 3 Publisher Proofs for private distribution.
- Shipped with a Certificate of Limitation and Authenticity from the publisher.
- Printed on 300 GSM, 100% cotton paper that is Acid-Free, Lignin-Free, Chlorine-Free and with No Optical Brighteners.
- Prints are embossed with the publisher’s mark.
Available for Pre-Order: March 15, 2020
Large Size: 16.5" x 24"
Small Size: 11" x 17"
Illustration © 1989-2020 by Paul Bryn Davies
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.