The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio - Lettered Edition
The Lettered edition of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio is limited to twenty-six copies signed by David Palladini.
Now you can experience the illustrations from The Eyes of the Dragon in a way that you have never seen before. Artwork has been professionally restored from the originals and reproduced in this portfolio on 100% cotton archival paper with a vibrance and scale not possible in the trade printing of the book.
Details of the Lettered Edition:
- Includes twenty-two black & white and two color illustrations.
- The portfolio is accompanied by a limited edition photogravure print that is numbered and signed by the artist. The artwork is printed on Somerset Velvet 100% cotton mould made paper with deckled edges.
- Includes a previously unpublished illustration appearing in print for the first time in this portfolio.
- Includes a reproduction of the Title page illustration hand-colored by David Palladini appearing in print for the first time in this portfolio.
- An exclusive afterword written by David Palladini for this edition.
- The Title page, Signature page, Afterword and Colophon are letterpress printed.
- Artwork and text pages are printed on 100% cotton pager.
- The illustrations are housed in a custom handmade clamshell box covered in Japanese book cloth over archival wood boards.
- Materials used are acid free and archival.
Size: 12 x 18 inches
Publication Date: 7/7/17
Illustrations © 1987-2017 David Palladini
This portfolio is stunning in every detail. From the prints to the inserts to the traycase to the packaging, every piece that makes up the whole has a refined touch. And it displays very elegantly, just like any other high end book you own, which is different from your average art portfolio.
Hands down, the most beautiful art portfolios I have ever seen (got both editions). World-class craftsmanship through & through! You can not only see, but feel the love and care that Paul Suntup has poured into each & every aspect of this Lettered Edition---from the luscious handmade clamshell folio box with Japanese cloth & suede interior, to the velvety paper stock used for the photogravure & prints themselves, the various art paper slip-sheets, letterpress printed typeface & drop-capital letter designs, blind-embossing, 2x signed Palladini bio book, extras and even the artfully printed & wrapped packaging, etc. etc!!! Simply stunning start to finish! Truly a masterpiece of publishing and aesthetic perfection in every way. Par excellence! Thank you Paul & David!
The Eyes of the Dragon Artwork Portfolio LETTERED edition is the most beautiful King item I own. It is the Gold mark forever after when it comes to not only King artwork portfolios but ALL artwork portfolios. It really does not get better than this folks. I am honored to own one.
Such amazing materials and craftsmanship! If you are a serious Stephen King collector; fantasy/horror collector; or Palladini fan, you must have these in your collection! Gorgeous!
Suntup has absolutely set the bar for fine art portfolios with this release. It is hard to describe just how majestic this portfolio is. Unbelievable. Frankly, the quality is beyond anything collectors have even seen. Quality, craftsmanship, exquisite design, and an absolute collector-centric focus has become the norm for Suntup, and yet I still find my expectations being exceeded.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.