The Omen by David Seltzer - Lettered Edition
Estimated Publication: Winter 2022
Limit 1 Copy Per Household.
Refer to our Order Limits policy.
A terrifying thriller of supernatural evil, The Omen by David Seltzer is the novelization of his screenplay for the film that spawned one of the most successful horror franchises of all time.
World-renowned diplomat Jeremy Thorn and his wife Katherine have just welcomed the newest member of their family: their beautiful son, Damien. A cherubic boy with fair features, Damien appears to be the picture of innocence, but as he grows, so too do the violent, unexplained incidents, from fatal accidents to suicides. Soon Jeremy and Katherine will learn the horrible truth of the terror that seems to follow their family wherever they go, and which was foretold two thousand years ago.
First published as a Signet paperback in June 1976, David Seltzer’s novelization hit bookshelves two weeks before the movie’s release. While novelizations of screenplays and teleplays had long been a part of the publishing landscape, the art form hit its peak with The Omen when the paperback sold three and a half million copies, an unprecedented achievement at the time, making The Omen one of the bestselling books of the year.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 272 Pages.
- Limited to 26 copies.
- Full goatskin Bradel binding with a leather onlay on the cover.
- Endsheets are hand marbled Renato Crepaldi.
- Housed in a clamshell enclosure covered in European book linen with a crinkled surface and is lined with flocked velour.
- New exclusive afterword, "My Deal with the Devil," by David Seltzer.
- Six full color illustrations by Juliana Kolesova.
- Signed by David Seltzer and Juliana Kolesova.
- Printed offset on archival Cougar Natural Vellum paper.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Illustrations © 2022 by Juliana Kolesova.
* 5% non-refundable processing fee applies on installment plans.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.