The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells - Lettered Edition
Publication: Fall 2020
Limit 1 Copy Per Household
THIS EDITION MAY NOT CURRENTLY BE PURCHASED INDIVIDUALLY. IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS PART OF THE H.G. WELLS COLLECTION. IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE IT INDIVIDUALLY, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL WE ANNOUNCE IT. TO PURCHASE IT AS PART OF THE COLLECTION, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
The limited edition of The Time Machine by H.G. Wells is presented in two states: Lettered and Numbered.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Rounded smyth-sewn binding.
- Full goatskin handbinding with gold foil stamping on the cover.
- Raised bands on the spine with a leather spine label.
- Introduction by Orson Scott Card.
- Six ink illustrations by Florian Bertmer printed letterpress along with the text.
- Signed by Orson Scott Card and Florian Bertmer.
- Payhembury endpapers hand marbled in the U.K.
- Printed letterpress on Stonehenge cotton paper.
- Two color printing on title page.
- Housed in a quarter leather clamshell enclosure with a rounded spine and cloth boards.
- Limited to 26 copies.
Includes 112 Page Bonus Material Booklet
- The Crystal Egg – Precursor to The War of the Worlds
- The Things That Live on Mars by H.G. Wells – Cosmopolitan Article
- Orson Welles 1938 Radio Broadcast Script
- Reprint of The Boston Daily Globe’s front page headline
- Reproductions of 32 famous Henrique Alvim Corrêa drawings
- Art from Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
PLEASE NOTE: Lettered editions are shipped with a signature required.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2019 by Florian Bertmer
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.