I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - Numbered Edition
Publication: First Quarter 2020
“This may be the most terrifying novel you will ever read.”
This quote from mystery writer William Campbell Gault graced the first edition cover of what would become one of the most influential and adapted works of the 20th century. Originally published in 1954, Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend ushered in a different kind of novel, defying and transcending genre to combine elements of horror and science fiction within a post-apocalyptic frame.
I Am Legend is the story of Robert Neville, who appears to be the sole survivor of a pandemic that has turned the human race into a crossbreed of zombies and vampires. Robert must hunt by day, hide by night, and most importantly, survive.
In 2012, the Horror Writers Association gave I Am Legend the special Vampire Novel of the Century Award. The novel and Richard Matheson are often credited for creating the zombie-vampire genre.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Rounded smyth-sewn handbinding.
- Limited to 250 copies.
- Elegant quarter vellum binding with Hahnemühle paper boards.
- Foil stamping on the spine and cover.
- Six black & white illustrations by award winning artist Allen Williams.
- Signed by Allen Williams.
- Hahnemühle Bugra endpapers.
- Silk endbands.
- Printed letterpress on Teton paper with a deckled fore edge.
- Title and chapter pages printed with an additional spot color.
- Housed in unique cloth and paper covered slipcase.
- Premiums with all pre-orders include print and bookmark.
Matching Numbers & Cutoff Date
If you purchased the Numbered edition of Brother by Ania Ahlborn and you order I Am Legend, we will match your numbers. The cutoff date to match numbers is October 13, 2019 at 12pm Pacific. This means that your order must be received by then to guarantee a matched number.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2019 by Allen Williams
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.