I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - Artist Gift Edition
PUBLICATION: First Quarter 2020
“This may be the most terrifying novel you will ever read.”
This quote from mystery writer William Campbell Gault graced the first edition cover of what would become one of the most influential and adapted works of the 20th century. Originally published in 1954, Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend ushered in a different kind of novel, defying and transcending genre to combine elements of horror and science fiction within a post-apocalyptic frame.
I Am Legend is the story of Robert Neville, who appears to be the sole survivor of a pandemic that has turned the human race into a crossbreed of zombies and vampires. Robert must hunt by day, hide by night, and most importantly, survive.
In 2012, the Horror Writers Association gave I Am Legend the special Vampire Novel of the Century Award. The novel and Richard Matheson are often credited for creating the zombie-vampire genre.
ARTIST GIFT EDITION
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Limited to 1000 copies.
- Full cloth smyth-sewn binding.
- Two hits foil stamping.
- Printed endsheets.
- Six black-and-white illustrations by award winning artist Allen Williams.
- Dust jacket with stunning wrap-around artwork (the only edition featuring the dust jacket.)
- Signed by Allen Williams.
- Silk endbands.
- Printed offset.
- Title and chapter pages printed with an additional spot color.
- Housed in printed slipcase with cloth on the upper and lower sections.
- Custom printed bookmark with all orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2019 by Allen Williams
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.