I Am Legend by Richard Matheson - Lettered Edition
Payment Plan Option: Four payments of $875*
Publication:First Quarter 2020
Limit 1 Copy Per Household
“This may be the most terrifying novel you will ever read.”
This quote from mystery writer William Campbell Gault graced the first edition cover of what would become one of the most influential and adapted works of the 20th century. Originally published in 1954, Richard Matheson’s I Am Legend ushered in a different kind of novel, defying and transcending genre to combine elements of horror and science fiction within a post-apocalyptic frame.
I Am Legend is the story of Robert Neville, who appears to be the sole survivor of a pandemic that has turned the human race into a crossbreed of zombies and vampires. Robert must hunt by day, hide by night, and most importantly, survive.
In 2012, the Horror Writers Association gave I Am Legend the special Vampire Novel of the Century Award. The novel and Richard Matheson are often credited for creating the zombie-vampire genre.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- Rounded smyth-sewn hand binding.
- Limited to 26 copies.
- Full goatskin leather.
- Handcrafted wooden stake on cover, laser engraved with title.
- Foil stamped spine.
- Six black & white illustrations by award winning artist Allen Williams.
- Signed by Allen Williams.
- Hand marbled endsheets on acid free Fabriano Ingres.
- Silk endbands.
- Printed letterpress on Hahnemühle Biblio mould-made paper, with a deckled fore edge.
- Title and chapter pages printed with an additional spot color.
- Housed in a half-leather clamshell enclosure with a marbled paper cover.
- Premiums with all pre-orders include print and bookmark.
PLEASE NOTE: Lettered editions are shipped with a signature required.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2019 by Allen Williams
* 5% Processing fee applies
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.