Jaws by Peter Benchley - Numbered Edition
Estimated Publication: Spring 2022
LIMIT 1 COPY PER PERSON/HOUSEHOLD.
Refer to our Order Limits policy.
First published in 1974, Jaws by Peter Benchley is a riveting novel of suspense and horror that terrified millions of readers and inspired an iconic film franchise.
When a great white shark preys upon the small seaside resort town of Amity, New York, police chief Martin Brody is one of the few residents taking the threat seriously. Nearly everyone in Amity wants to downplay the shark’s presence to not scare away the tourists. But when the body count starts to rise, Brody realizes he must find a way to kill it, even if means putting his own life on the line.
When Peter Benchley wrote Jaws in the early 1970s, he meticulously researched all available data about shark behavior. Over the ensuing decades, Benchley was actively engaged with scientists and filmmakers on expeditions around the world as they expanded their knowledge of sharks.
During this time, there was an unprecedented upswing in the number of sharks killed to make shark-fin soup, and Benchley worked with governments and nonprofits to sound the alarm for shark conservation. He encouraged each new generation of Jaws fans to enjoy his riveting tale and to channel their excitement into support and protection of these magnificent, prehistoric apex predators.
This edition of Jaws contains bonus content from Peter Benchley’s archives, including the original typed title page, a brainstorming list of possible titles, a letter from Benchley to producer David Brown with honest feedback on the movie adaptation, and excerpts from Benchley’s book Shark Trouble highlighting his firsthand account of writing Jaws, selling it to Universal Studios, and working with Steven Spielberg. Also included is a reproduction and sketches of the iconic painting by Roger Kastel used on the original paperback cover and film poster.
Since its original publication, Jaws has spawned a movie franchise, two video games, a Universal Studios theme park attraction, and two musicals.
This edition bound in genuine leather. Please read this article before purchasing.
- Oversized 7” x 10” trim.
- 296 Pages.
- Limited to 350 copies.
- Quarter Japanese cloth binding with the cloth covering the lower section of the boards, and goatskin covering the upper section.
- Laser cut bonded leather fin inset into the cover.
- New exclusive introduction by Wendy Benchley.
- Six full color illustrations by John Anthony Di Giovanni.
- Reproduction and sketches of the iconic painting by Roger Kastel, used on the original paperback cover and film poster.
- Signed by Wendy Benchley and John Anthony Di Giovanni.
- Bonus content from Peter Benchley’s archives includes: the original typed title page, a brainstorming list of possible titles, a letter from Benchley to producer David Brown with honest feedback on the movie adaptation, and excerpts from Benchley’s book Shark Trouble highlighting his firsthand account of writing Jaws, selling it to Universal Studios, and working with Steven Spielberg.
- Printed offset on Mohawk Loop.
- Endsheets are handmade from acid free Indian batik cotton rag paper and screenprinted.
- Housed in a unique capped slipcase featuring a charcoal illustration by Robert Longo from his Perfect Gods series, printed on pearlescent cloth.
- Genuine Little Critterz® hand-painted ceramic Great White Shark with all pre-orders.
- Premium Pack with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by John Anthony Di Giovanni.
* 5% non-refundable processing fee applies on installment plans.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.