The Wolfen by Whitley Strieber - Artist Edition
PUBLICATION: Fall 2021
Fast-paced, compelling, and gruesomely violent, The Wolfen is the first novel by bestselling horror novelist, Whitley Strieber.
Following the savage killing of two New York City policemen, George Wilson and Becky Neff are two detectives bound together by their strange and passionate hunt for the Wolfen. Strieber’s novel breathed new life into the werewolf genre, building upon the traditional myth and lore of the lycanthrope to create a genetically superior crossbreed of human and wolf that has existed in the shadows for centuries.
Upon its release in 1978, the Washington Post called The Wolfen “a howling success.” Likewise, St. James Guide to Horror, Ghost and Gothic Writers deemed it, “an amazingly effective debut novel that turns the werewolf story completely on its head. Breathtakingly suspenseful throughout.”
In 1981, The Wolfen was adapted into a horror movie starring Albert Finney, directed by Michael Wadleigh.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 336 Pages.
- Limited to 1000 copies.
- Full cloth, smyth-sewn binding.
- Two-hits foil stamping.
- Thirteen full color illustrations by François Vaillancourt.
- Dust jacket featuring wraparound artwork by François Vaillancourt (the only edition featuring the dust jacket).
- Illustrated endsheets only featured in this edition.
- New exclusive introduction by Whitley Strieber.
- Signed by François Vaillancourt.
- Housed in an embossed paper covered slipcase.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by François Vaillancourt.
Another knockout production from SUNTUP that elevates and showcases the incredible artwork from Francois that was an obvious labor of love. The packaging as always is top notch and I highly recommend picking one up before the dreaded out of print appears.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.