The Wolfen by Whitley Strieber - Numbered Edition
Payment Plan Option: Four payments of $112.50*
Publication: Fall 2021
LIMIT 1 COPY PER PERSON/HOUSEHOLD.
Refer to our Order Limits policy.
Please note that we are not responsible for loss of packages when shipped with USPS Media Mail. Thank you.
Fast-paced, compelling, and gruesomely violent, The Wolfen is the first novel by bestselling horror novelist, Whitley Strieber.
Following the savage killing of two New York City policemen, George Wilson and Becky Neff are two detectives bound together by their strange and passionate hunt for the Wolfen. Strieber’s novel breathed new life into the werewolf genre, building upon the traditional myth and lore of the lycanthrope to create a genetically superior crossbreed of human and wolf that has existed in the shadows for centuries.
Upon its release in 1978, the Washington Post called The Wolfen “a howling success.” Likewise, St. James Guide to Horror, Ghost and Gothic Writers deemed it, “an amazingly effective debut novel that turns the werewolf story completely on its head. Breathtakingly suspenseful throughout.”
In 1981, The Wolfen was adapted into a horror movie starring Albert Finney, directed by Michael Wadleigh.
- 6” x 9” trim size.
- 336 Pages.
- Limited to 350 copies.
- Quarter Japanese cloth binding.
- Hahnemühle Bugra boards.
- Thirteen full color illustrations by François Vaillancourt.
- New exclusive introduction by Whitley Strieber.
- Signed by Whitley Strieber and François Vaillancourt.
- Printed offset on Mohawk Superfine.
- Endsheets are Hahnemühle Bugra.
- Housed a slipcase covered in a unique coated paper that imitates real stone.
- Bookmark with all pre-orders.
Published editions may differ slightly from mockups and prototype designs.
Artwork © 2021 by François Vaillancourt.
* 5% non-refundable processing fee applies on installment plans.
Sign up below to receive the latest news and promotions.